The video recording of the sessions @geektrainer and I delivered for Microsoft Learning are now available in two places. Originally, Chris and I delivered the full day workshop live to help viewers learn about some highlights of material that can help you get your preparation for Exam 70-489 started.
Developing SharePoint Server Advanced Solutions on MSDN Channel 9
Option 1: Visit MSDN’s Channel 9 for Developing SharePoint Server Advanced Solutions delivered in 6 videos.
Each module averages an hour of presentation and demo and is broken up by content sections. For example, Module 4, Working with Business Connectivity Services, has 3 sections you can skip straight to
- [02:20] – Creating BDC Models
- [19:51] – Creating External Content Types
- [33:47] – Working with External Events and Notifications
As with most Channel 9 content, you can stream from your browser or choose to download and watch later (including iOS friendly MP4 format.)
Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) Developing SharePoint Server Advanced Solutions Jump Start
Option 2: Take the full Microsoft Virtual Academy Jump Start and earn points.
The MVA is a great learning resource for many Microsoft technologies, including SharePoint 2013. If you haven’t already checked it out, see the other two great SP2013 Jump Starts:
- Tuning SQL Server 2012 for SharePoint 2013
- Developing Microsoft SharePoint® Server 2013 Core Solutions Jump Start (exam 70-488 prep highlights)
- Download my code samples from SkyDrive (no warranty!).
- Visual Studio Projects from the demos in modules 4-6.
- Connect with co-presenter Christopher Harrison @geektrainer on Twitter for his code samples
- Check out Exam 70-489 Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions Learning Resources Presentation from Mahmoud Mahmoud on http://sharepoint-community.net
- Includes lots of reference links for the exam topics